What is a Tuck Shop? It is Aussie for a Canteen.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Currently

What I am currently trying to do is get into my studio as much as I can and do something creative -whether it be a quick sketch or work on my current paintings. Quite frankly, I am not sure where it will take me but it's much better than not doing anything at all. I keep looking at articles related to drawing because one of my biggest issues is that I don't draw nearly as much as I should because I used to believe that each drawing I produced had to be "perfect" and what a joke that is.  I just needed to tell myself to stop over thinking every little thing that I did and now I've started to draw quick sketches and not overwork them.  My usual style is that I overwork everything and I want to loosen up. I have torn out magazine images and painted over them just to get used to painting with acrylic paints and keep the style of brushwork very loose. I am enjoying the process.

No comments: